June 2, 2010

Fun in the Forests

So this past weekend was Memorial Day weekend, and we spent it how I used to as a kid.  Chilling at my parent's/grandparent's cabin in Duck Creek (pronounce as crick).  We used to go to the cabin so often when I was a kid.  Weeks at a time during the summer.  This was Kyle's second time up there.  It was a longer drive than I was used to because we were coming from a different direction.  It still wasn't too bad of a distance...a lot shorter than the one to Vegas.
While there this was what we did....eat, play card games, eat, play card games, watch movies.  We take it very relaxed while there.  Why not when as your just chilling inside or outside there are tons of birds, chipmunks and squirrels.  Here's a viewing of the wildlife that stays constantly around...

It was so beautiful up there.  There was still snow everywhere (which is unusual for being 1 day until June).  One time I went out at twilight and the view through the trees was pretty.  I tried to take a picture of it...but being there was not a lot of light it was a long elapse.  Combining that with shakyness it is a slightly blurry picture but shows the beautiful colors combined with the silhouettes of the trees.
Also while there I asked Kyle to be my photographer.  I think he did a great job, and was a good sport with some of my directions.  He was my photographer for some cap and gown pictures.  Since I didn't walk I thought I'd still get some because you want to remember that.  Here's a collage of the best shots.


We had a fun weekend with my family and together.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Duck "Crick!" That is such a great place to spend a weekend!

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow