October 20, 2010

Finally Doing Stuff

Last week and this week feel like I'm finally living a normalish life again.  It feels AWESOME!!!  There's been a few things I've actually accomplished and others are just amazing improvements in life.

Accomplishment 1- Keeping Up Appearances
This is number one because I think it keeps Kyle the happiest.  The house is actually able to stay picked up and looking decent.  There was a few weeks that I would have been embarrassed with people stopping by, but with the way I felt overall...I actually did not care.  Now though, it's staying picked up and clean looking.  No it is not sparkling, or vacuumed everyday, or anything to that extent.  But just having it picked up is making us happier.

Accomplishment 2 - A Change in the Looks
 I don't know if you recall but many, many posts back I had mentioned that I was going to be sewing pillowcases and curtains and blah and blah.  And after all that talk I only accomplished the curtains (which because our house sucks the curtain rod won't stay...so no curtains for now).  Well now I can mark off the pillowcases.  Each one was different which made it interesting to sew each time.



The white one is my favorite....Kyle likes the other non-blue one.


Accomplishment 3 - Bang! Skip-bo! Uno! Monopoly!
So I know I've been able to get out of the house.  But doing the cousin game night this past weekend was kind of a big deal.  First it was a 1 hour drive to the cousin's house.  Car rides for me...just aren't fun.  Then it was like a few hours of being away from my house and knowing that it was a 1 hour drive back.  Most places are only 20 minutes max if I felt sick.  This night though I was able to play the whole time, got hungry frequently so ate snacks.  It was a fun night, and just great to have fun again.

Accomplishment 4 - To Read or Not To Read
At the beginning of the school year I felt prompted to go help out at the elementary school.  I mean I don't do anything all day, so there was no reason not to follow this prompting.  But between trips and me not feeling well at all it got postponed until this past Tuesday.  I had a contact in the ward and she set me up to help for just an hour in the mornings with a 4th grade teacher.  So far...is has been AWESOME!!!!  It kind of makes me wonder why I didn't go into teaching, but its also nice not having to worry about everything.  Since I come in during reading time, and a lot of kids struggle with it, I pull one or two kids aside and just work with them.  They are so sweet.  It's teaching me a lot about what kind of parent I want to be.  I want to be a parent who is there for their kid to help with homework and reading...and pushing them to do better at it.  I feel that these kids are no where near what I was doing at their level.  However, I did have an awesome teacher for 4th and 5th grade who really pushed us...and didn't have to deal with all the crap of testing, timing, and whatever else the teachers have to deal with now.  Enough of that rant....

Improvement in Life - Food Glorious Food! 
Okay...so I can finally stomach stuff.  I still can't cook or look at raw meat.  Found that out Sunday morning 2 minutes before church started.  However, I can eat medium meals....and snacks...and food I haven't been able to consume in a while.  This is making me...SO HAPPY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I have been out of touch for a while and had no idea you were pregnant!!! Yay! I'm so excited for you! Glad to know you're feeling better, too, and that is just so cool you're helping out in the school like that. I bet those kids love you.

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow