Warning: No pictures...sorry :(
The crib is all together!!! It's placed in its little corner along with a dresser and shelf. I also was a little crafty (and cheap) so I made my own decorations. I just drew safari animals on paper and stuck them in dollar store frames. The theme of the kid's area accidentally became jungle/safari. I had already partly made a quilt around Christmas time that had safari print on it. That was just because I liked it and found cute patterns to go with the main one. Then throughout the baby shower almost all the clothes, blankets or other items had to deal with some sort of jungle or safari animal. So because of that I just decided to roll with it. I won't take a picture of the final product until we get a mattress put in there. It arrived today at JCP, so hopefully this weekend it'll be in place.
Now...only 4.5 weeks until the due date. I think each morning when I look down my belly has grown like another inch. Also, the baby loves to just shove his back straight out to the front and stretch it out. Not so fun for me.
Well enough about that baby stuff. Friday night I was kind of a slacker. We had planned to go to the temple, but at the last minute I backed out. I wanted to go and feel the spirit, and be in the Ogden temple the way it is for one last time. It closes on April 2nd for a MAJOR renovation. However, the thought of not being able to go to the bathroom for at least 2.5 hours was what made me change my mind. It is funny how this is a major concern. Instead of going to the temple we ran errands, picked up the crib (again), and put the nursery all together. It was still productive.
On Saturday Kyle had his last torturing of baby classes. He got to go learn about breastfeeding. The teacher was at least funny, and informative. And I was lucky that other guys showed up because for the first little while Kyle was giving me a "did I really have to come to this" and "you owe me" look. We then had an awesome afternoon because Trevor & Danielle came up to visit. We didn't do too much exciting stuff. Played some Wii games. I failed at cooking a fritata (italian egg pie thing), but ate good desserts. And we also just chilled and talked. They even stayed the night with us. That was the main part of our weekend.
Spring seems to slowly be coming. Sunday was such a beautiful warm 60 degrees. Today is cloudy and not warm, but still above freezing...so I'm happy. I just love the 60 degrees and warm sun on my skin. Can't wait. Especially for stuff to be on trees again too.
No comments:
Post a Comment