March 2, 2011

Snow & School

The weekend started off good.  Had a fun date night.  Because I found an awesome coupon, we went and drove to Chipotle.  It was pretty funny because almost everyone else inside Chipotle that night also had the coupon too.  When it's a buy one get one free though, you got to use it.  After eating delicious tacos, chips and guacamole we watched the movie RED at home.  It was actually a good action flick.  Plot moved, no sex, and they didn't make it dark and twisted.  Also...between chipotle and the movie we picked something up from JC Penney's.  A CRIB!  Ahhh just one more thing to tell us its pretty close.  I actually got a sweet deal for being a brand new crib.  The crib and the mattress were less than 150 total.

Well...friday night and a little into saturday morning it snowed.  That's what it does up here.  Can't wait for a little warmer weather and just green grass and trees.  Just hate having to zip up my extremely tight snow jacket when i want to go outside. Well anyways...Kyle was super excited.  Ever since the giant snowpeople he's been wanting to make some sort of snow beast.  So we went an played outside.  Except he found out it was too dry of snow to do any compacting.  Instead he shaped out a beast of some sort.

He's packing down the snow to make the shape

Trying out how to do the whole blurry and focused thing.  The snow on the tree was pretty cool.

Here's a picture of the thing he made.  Kyle's in the open mouth.  At the bottom of the picture are the eyes, and eye brows.
Well that was the most exciting part of the rest of the weekend.  On Tuesday though I finally went back to help out at the school.  I had missed 2 weeks.  The first week from being out of town and then having lots of errands and chores.  The 2nd week was because I was sick.  Well it was nice to do the little walk there and some of the kids were excited I was back.  It was fun to read and help them out again.  I'll miss them when the kid comes, but it has taught me so much.

2 comments:

  1. A 150 bucks for a crib AND a mattress?!?! That's awesome!

    If it makes you feel any better about your weather, it is a freezing 65 degrees here right now. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...the mattress is almost as much as the crib too. That one didn't have as big as discount.

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow