November 9, 2011

Ya Got Trouble

We got Trouble
Right here in Clearfield City. 
Trouble with a capital "T"
And that rhymes with "D" and that stands for Dex!


Yes I'm a nerd, and love musicals so I thought I'd put it to our own story.
So what's the trouble?  Well various things, but here's the main one and don't mind the talking:

Did you see that?  He can almost crawl.  That's the trouble.  We thought it was hilarious that he'll only use the one foot, and put the other one behind it.  Tony from P90X would be impressed with his skills and pushups.

Using the force?
Well I was definitely ready for Sunday, it was nice to have Kyle all day.  By Thursday at a RS meeting my brain was a little foggy feeling.  Taking care of Dex all day and night by myself is what wore me out.  Kyle's just been busy busy busy.  This past week he worked on assignments until 10 or 11 almost each night, and starts on them in the morning.  Then he also is helping out at the roadshow, so that took him away for a while.  I try not to ask him to help out so much because he still has a TON of projects to do, and I can see and he tells me of all he has to do.  He's worried that he won't even get much of a Thanksgiving break with everything.  He at least takes Sundays off to regroup himself.  Next semester he's taking only 3 courses, so hopefully it'll relax a bit.  They aren't bad days, just long days one after another for both of us.
Mom folds 10, Dex unfolds 3...eventually it gets folded
Friday I did manage to sneak out on a date with him.  We went over to Barnes & Noble.  I had gotten a sweet 50% off coupon.  So I bought the Elf On the Shelf and then something for Christmas for Dex.  I had seen Elf on the Shelf, and knew a few people who did it.  It's a cute story and a tradition I want to start.  After wandering around forever and looking at a ton of books, we finished our date by getting some dinner.  The bookstore reminded me of how awesome they are, and how much fun Dak would have looking around...when he's older. 
He like to play with the stuffed animal and give them sounds, I like to spy on this cute stuff from the door
The last 24 hours have been a bummer.  Dex was grumpy for unknown reasons (but probably for the last item here) all yesterday afternoon.  He cheered up a bit when Kyle took a break and played ball with us.  After this though we noticed that our screen to our phone was broken.  We can't see anything anymore.  Bummer.  No one dropped, sat on, or did anything that we can recall.  Hopefully, we can fix it.  Then this morning when Dexter woke up his head was hot, and his nose was super stuffy.  Turns out he has a fever.  So he's gotten sick for the first time.  Poor guy, I'm sure it's not fun.  He just wants attention and to be held tons.  Maybe he'll be a cuddler, but I doubt it.  He's too wiggly of a kid for that.  
Rolling the ball to dad
There are bright moments to the days.  He eats a TON.  Squash is his favorite and says mmmMmm.  Green beans and zuchinni are okay.  I make my own food otherwise we'd be buying a lot of jars.  We're prepping him for Thanksgiving food...green beans, squash, sweet potatoes.  Some days he'll play by himself for a long time.  We take walks and come back with red noses and cheeks.  So excited for Christmas.  Shopping is hard cause I want to buy Dexter tons of stuff, but have to stick to our budget.  And as always many awesome ideas for homemade gifts, but I know I don't have time to make.
Really enjoying it
We also got the first snow storm.  An inch or two when we woke up.  I tried to take a picture while on a walk...but I forgot the memory card.  Ooops.  It was really beautiful.

I've seen lots of people posting things they are grateful for each day.  Here's mine for up until now (in no particular order):
1.  My family - Kyle who makes me laugh and loves me, Dexter who with smiles and giggles will brighten my day
2.  Kyle's job - that it is stable, and has allowed him to go back and get his Master's
3.  Being a stay-at-home mom - definitely has moments where i wish of more than feeding, and changing diapers but I can't think of a better job.
4.  Jesus Christ - my Lord and Savior who died for me.
5.  The gospel - how it helps us to be more like Christ and to lead us back to live with our Heavenly Father
6.  Heavenly Father - who loves and blesses me with everything
7.  A home - not just a house, but a home.  A place where we love being together.  And it keeps us warm.  
8.  A car - I do tend to walk places, but having a car is nice for further.  Plus, it helps us drive to our friends and family who live far away.
9.  Food - Nourishment and tastes oh so wonderful - it's lunch time so was on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow