Well Kyle and I made a stride, and a little backstep in buying a house. On Thursday we went and talked with a mortgage loan person, and got prequalified! We even got prequalified enough for the one house I loved. It was a bit long, and Dexter was not happy by the end of the meeting. Ours was mixed feelings. Why? Because although we could qualify for that amount...it was a ridiculous amount of mortgage to pay each month if we did it. Twice what our current rent is. Gasp. In a strange way Heavenly Father also blessed us because on that same day the house we liked got removed from the listings. Kind of took away the temptation. The plan for now is to save like crazy for a down payment, but we can still look cautiously. It's a play by the ear thing, with lots of talking.
 |
| Watching Dad play some DDR |
Kyle also started school last week. Last semester of his Masters and then he'll graduate! Beginnings of semesters are my favorite....nice and calm. We even see him lots since his classes are in the middle of the day.
 |
| Bustin' some moves |
This weekend and week have been pretty chill. Dexter's been in the most fun moods. Giggles and screams happily at almost everything. If you chuckle, he does his chuckle. He's also trying to help out, but those aren't always good ones. Like trying to take a plate off the table and put it in the sink...which he isn't close to reaching. Luckily I caught him before he dropped it. Or as many moms know there is not really any privacy, even when going to the bathroom. If you don't close that door when using the toilet, then expect a pat on the leg and given some toilet paper.
 |
| Smiley guy |
Kyle and I also talk about how Dak is such a boy. His favorite toys are cars and balls. When outside he loves pointing and watching all the different planes. The SLC airport flights go right overhead, along with the Hill AFB jets and planes so there's always something to watch. But he has a softer side and loves dogs and stuffed animals. But he's always a moving, always talking, and loves to eat snacks.
 |
| The "open your mouth" skill....ahhhh |
I love spending the evenings outside. So beautiful. Kyle's more of an indoor person I'm noticing, but Dak takes after me. He even brings me his shoes or my shoes throughout the day to signal he wants to go out. I wish it could be a warm fall for most the year. Short winters, medium summers would make a great year.
No comments:
Post a Comment