When we got back into town is was still Kyle's fall break. He still had bunches of projects and midterms to study for, but he also wanted to go do a straw maze while he had a little of a break.
It was pretty fun. We were the only people there which made it nice in the mazes and other activities. No lines to wait for. They had a little maze, only 2 bales high for kids. Dexter loved this one.
 |
| Trying to find Dad. |
 |
| He was a good navigator. |
They also had pedal carts, a slide that was super steep, and a bean pit. We had fun at all these, and then finally enjoyed getting lost in the real maze. The maze was really fun. Had some areas where you could crawl through dark tunnels, climb to a turret area, or secret "rooms."
 |
| I look weird here, but wanted to document how fun on the pedal carts |
 |
| Enjoying the tractor ride around the nursery |
Later that night we had a visitor drop by. Frank was driving back home from Alaska and stayed for 2 nights with us.
 |
| Kicking the ball around |
On Sunday I felt like singing Hallelujah! Dexter went to nursery!!!!! I had actually been talking with one of the nursery leaders in the hallway, and when she went in Dak snuck in too. She said it was fine. I stayed to make sure he was okay for like 15 minutes...didn't even care if I was there or not. Then said goodbye and left. No tears, nothing. I think Sundays will be so nice again. I don't think I've been to a full Sunday School class since he was 1, and same with Kyle in Elders Quorum. He does good during sacrament for that 1.25 hours, but then he needs to be his crazy self. It was just a week early, as this is his official time to do it.
For the rest of this week Kyle's been busy studying for his midterms, and working on projects. I did convince him to go on a walk with us on Saturday morning. We're in the middle of leaves changing, and it's so gorgeous in the woodsey areas.
 |
| Fall! |
 |
| On a walk with my guys! |
Both of these pics are straight out of the camera. I love the reds and yellows. There were prettier areas, but I forgot to pull out the camera. I love fall leaves. So beautiful.
Dak is also wanting to help us out more. He'll pull stuff out or put things in the laundry. I like it so I don't have to bend to get stuff out of the washer. Just have to keep an eye on him so he doesn't rip off my dryer gasket. I think I 've put it back on like 5 times so far. He also tries to dust, sweep, and dishes. Although his version of help is a really bad swipe and for only like 10 seconds...but it's still something right?
 |
| Helping Dad with dishes. |
Can't believe he is in nursery!!! You guys all look so great and happy. So excited to hang out Friday :)
ReplyDelete