October 31, 2012

Pickup Man

Well that snow melted away within a day, and the most beautiful weather came back.  Dex and I have been going outside tons just to soak up the last of the sunshine and warmth.

Friday night we had a game night at Riah's.  Along with our little family and Riah, there was also Danielle & Trevor, and Melynn.  We had fun eating some delicious snacks and then playing games.  We did some Yam Slam, You've Been Sentenced and Magic Labyrinth.

Prepping and eating the snacks.

The guys tended the craziest one of them.

Our awesome sentences.

Me and my sister.
Riah took all the pictures so none of her in these.

I needed some changes to my living room and so Kyle helped me change it all up.  It took quite a lot time during the day, but I like it.  Except for now our TV doesn't pick up channels.  We ended with a date of watching Snow White and the Hunstman.  It was a good movie.  Throughout the whole movie I watched Kristen Stewart's face.  Since she gets made fun of a lot for no emotion.  And to me this movie made it true.

Anyways...oh I taught my first lesson in Mia Maids.  All week I had been nervous, and reading tons of stuff. It went okay.  I was glad a member of our ward who is also in the stake YW was there, because the 3 girls who were there were silent.  The other sister would help tell stories or just give inputs.  I think it'll just take us some time for them and me to warm up to better lessons.

Well this week has been preparing for Halloween.  Dexter's costume took the longest time to make.  Mine and Kyle's costumes just required some thrift shopping and then just throw it on.  Well here's the reveal:
We are characters and a machine from Doctor Who.  Kyle is the 11th Doctor, and I'm Professor River Song.  Dexter is the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space) which is the Doctor's time machine and spacecraft, that is in disguise as a British Police Box.  Going to the party we didn't think anyone would recognize us, but were surprised when a handful of people did.  Dex didn't wear his box...only for pictures and a bit of the trunk or treating.

Dexter also had a mini playdate this week with a neighbor who is moving.  We were finally starting to get to know them.  The two kids played really well with each other, especially this time.  I was able to cook dinner because the two occupied each other and hardly bothered me.  It was nice.

And Dexter got a big surprise delivered to him too.  Nub Nub sent him an early Christmas present.  She hoped he would have some nice weather to play with it before winter.  We put it together last night, but didn't finish it before it was Dak's bedtime.  So when Dak woke up he ran straight to it and forgot about food for a little while.  He was super happy and was definitely like a kid at Christmas.
All through putting it together he insisted on sitting in it.

His new truck.

Can't quite reach the ground when sitting, but he loves just sitting in it.

1 comment:

  1. He's too cute! :) Glad I got to see you last weekend. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

WH Photos Slideshow