In the morning Dexter fell down a few stairs, and landed on his head and shoulder. He was crying pretty hard and we thought it was just his head hurting a bunch. After getting many snuggles with Mom, and then taking a short nap he still didn't seem quite himself. He wouldn't grab very far with his right hand or lift things, and if he did would grasp his chest and do little whimpers.
Kyle and I took him to an Insta-Care where there was a LONG wait. But even though this part was over two hours he did amazing. The doctor eventually got to see us and sent him for x-rays. As I guessed he had broken his collar bone. There's not much they do for that. The only advice from the doctor was to keep him still and not active, and see his pediatrician in 4 days.
| He's still a really happy kid |
It was not a fun few days. Dex was happy. He only does a small whimper if he bumps it too hard. Other than that he's a really tough kid. But my thoughts were... Keep Dex still? Not active? Oh boy. He learned quick that his shoulder hurt if he did certain stuff. However, he was still running everywhere, bumping into everything and being his normal self...with a little subdue-ness. I tried so hard to keep him still, and was exhausted by his bedtime.
The pediatrician took new x-rays, and it was not good. On Monday his break was not displaced, now it definitely was. His doctor found a sling to help immobilize his arm. Now he has to wear it 24/7 until our next checkup in a week.
| His 2nd x-rays...his collarbone did not look like that the 1st time. |
| Arm slung and tied down. |
| I had to do some sewing and cutting on the sling. There was about 9+ inches of extra length on their smallest size. |
The sling has helped a bit, but still doesn't curb all of Dex's craziness. Here's to trying to convince him to watch lots of movies and playing on our tablet over the next 3 weeks, and get him to heal up properly. I'm glad he's happy though and not wanting to go outside with the cold and snow. That would make it tougher on him.
I'm also now 16 weeks along. Had a visit this week. The baby is healthy and was doing some bicycle kicks on the ultrasound. We definitely should in 4 weeks. We're excited.
The funny thing about this pregnancy is my non-cravings. Instead of wanting stuff, my appetite has turned more to I don't want lots of things. Some good, some bad. Mexican food has been put on the "ehh" list, which is so sad. Another sad one is chocolate. It makes me feel so sick if I eat more than two bites. TWO BITES! I used to be able to eat lots, and now it's all gone. Most unhealthy food has been added to the anti-list.
Well we're taking my anti-crap food appetite to good use, and trying to change to a healthier eating. Maybe by the time it returns after the pregnancy, our own ways will have changed.
Oh my goodness! Poor little guy! I hope he gets better soon, for him and for you! Keep up the hard work.
ReplyDelete