March 10, 2014

Beautiful Days


It has been 2 and a half months since a trip, and it feels so great to stay at home.  Although we like to visit family, it is nice to be able to do stuff and relax in our own house.  There is even still many months until the next trip is planned.

The weather has been great.  Rainy days, warmish days, cool days.  As long as there is no snow, inversion, or freezing cold I am happy.  We've definitely been taking advantage of sunshiney warm days.

He loves playing t-ball
Daddy doing a power swing

Going on a walk, and being a helper

Little red riding hood
On some of the cooler or rainy days, I take the little boy to the Treehouse Museum.  He still loves it and just runs around everywhere.  Good thing I have Ellie in my carrier so I can run around with the little guy.
Dinosaur exhibit at Treehouse Museum
One of the days last week, I felt like Dexter was ready to take the next step.  We started potty training.  First day went okay.  One pair of ruined [favorite] shoes, but other than that not bad.  The second day though was even worse, and many signs that he wasn't quite ready.  We didn't pursue it anymore since he couldn't quite get it. Maybe just a little while until he is really ready.
Sitting watching a movie

I really can't remember if I posted this but Ellie had her 6 month appointment.  Everything was good except for her height.  She had stayed the same height from 4 months, until the doctor re-measured her.  Wiggly baby made the first reading off.
 
Weight - 15 lbs - 23%
Height - 27" (originally 25.5") - 83%
Head - 16.5" - 34%
 
Along with having our own house is all the work to fix things, but also the things to plan and dream.  This year we want to start our garden.  We have dreams of a big one, but are going to take a little baby steps first. 
Basic plan of future fruit trees and garden beds, with current sprinklers.
Since January 6th, Kyle and I have changed our eating habits.  Kyle is doing a specific diet that his mother and some siblings have done called Take Shape For Life using Medifast stuff.  I'm doing the eat healthier, 3 meals & 3 snacks a day, and smaller portions lifestyle change.  Together we have lost 55 lbs.  He is 35 and I'm the other 20.  Although we aren't to our finish goals, we decided to get a Kinect as one of our rewards.  One of kyle's coworkers was selling a really old one, but that's all we needed.  We hope to get some dance games that we can all play and get moving.
Jumping to the Kinect
Most days we're just little homebodies.  The kids keep me busy, and I love when their nap times match up so I can get a little energy boost myself.  But they are cuties.

Sticks her tongue out

Staring at me

Most smiley shots were like this...she was moving like crazy


Like mom, kick those feet up
Look at those pretty eyes, and her two teeth


Caught her reading a book

Lightsticks in a dark bathroom

Dance party!

Showing what she's reading

He hopped into this all on his own.  Guess he thinks it's for him too.

Crawls and sits up all on her own.

At church with a new dress and new shoes

Oatmeal facial!

Morning diaper buddies

Such a cute expression

Still cute little buddies
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

WH Photos Slideshow