Well the sickness didn't just stay with Dexter. On the drive from Audrey's to my parent's, I realized that I was feeling miserable. It was happening in the form of aches, chills and exhaustion.
Dexter and I curled up on the couches. Dad and GG juggled taking care of us, and taking care of Ellie.
The next morning Dexter was peppy, I no longer had my problems.
However, Ellie was now a fevered lethargic lump, and Kyle had the chills.
 |
| Our two sickies |
She had a pretty high fever, and we took it down. However, in the later afternoon it spiked high. We then had what I feel is one of the scariest moments of my life.
 |
| She was the worst feeling |
Ellie had a seizure! She started shaking/twitching, unconscious and so many other things that as a mom was hard to watch. Kyle was holding her at the time, and we were able to turn her on her side so her spitup wasn't choking her. It lasted for 1.5-2 minutes.
We called 911, and the paramedics came. The seizure had stopped by then. They said it was common for small kids with fevers to have these febrile seizures, and that she'd be okay. We stayed really on top of keeping her cooled off and fighting the high fever. We didn't want any recurrences.
After the paramedics left, and there was a calm, Kyle said..."Happy Anniversary." Yep, happy anniversary and trip to us.
Kyle and I had plans with friends that night. We changed them a little and Kyle stayed home, since he was still feeling miserable. I headed over to our TMNT themed friend/nerf party.
 |
| Cutting the cake... |
 |
| ....a pizza cake that is |
 |
| Proud of his outfit |
 |
| The guys took a while to get all ready |
 |
| I think the photobomb is the best part |
 |
| The guys all armed up... |
 |
| The couple that Nerfs together, stays together |
 |
| Our team fighting |
 |
| Sam, sniping others |
It was a fun night talking and playing with our friends.
The next morning everyone was feeling better. Still exhausted and not all there yet, but enough to go home. Everyone was ready to go home.
 |
| He was excited that Aunt Sam gave him a car. |
 |
| We got her to smile the next day |
 |
We weren't even 5 minutes away and she was out.
She fell asleep during her look around. |
Since being home, we've quarantined ourselves. Lots of show watching to stay still, and lots of snuggles with Ellie. The congestion and coughs are still here, but slowly...very slowly...clearing up.
 |
| Lots and lots of cuddle time |
It's so cute that Dexter looks more like you and Ellie more like Kyle. Hope things get better!
ReplyDeleteThat is so scary about Ellie having a seizure! I would have been freaking out. I'm glad she's okay!!!!
ReplyDelete